Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thoughts on Connectivism

To wrap up the CCK11 course, I created a short video with my thoughts on 21st century education and connectivism. I used Eric Whitacre's virtual choir in my video (along with its music) because to me it is the ultimate metaphor (and reality) of what can happen in the today's networked world. The idea of people from all over the world collaborating with their voices to make stunning music really hits it on the head. And, to take it a step further, I found out about Eric Whitacre’s choir from my own network: someone from CCK11 responded to one of my blog posts with a link to this as a way to expand on my flash mob illustration in a more virtual way (see previous post).

The music of the virtual choir seemed the perfect way to celebrate my new connections and present the knowledge I’ve gained over the past 12 weeks.



Thoughts on Connectivism from Debbie Kroeker on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man. That's an outstanding feature film. How did you compile it? I don't know what CCK11 course means but if they teach you to make that level of a video, maybe I'd like to hear some information about it.

    ReplyDelete